Friday, July 5, 2013

What I WANT to say...

When people tell me they need to rehome their pet for X, Y and Z reasons (when it isn't something legit)...here is what I want to say:
I have a cat with herpes and a severely sensitive stomach (aka pukes a lot, unless on his special food). 
  (Koda, aka Puker McHerps)

I have another cat with a leaky butt hole, that I have to clean daily. 
 
(Kenai, Leaky Bum Bum)
I have a terrorist cat, who has broken more things in the last week than all my lifetime of pets have ever broken. 
(Kipper, The Terrorist)
I adopted a cat while my youngest was only 9 months old..and they became best buddies, because I taught my kids how to act with pets.
(My daughter and Kasey)
 I have an older dog with horrible teeth, and allergies to vaccines. 
(Kiara, Stinky Mouth)
My other dog has horrible skin and food allergies and used to have anxiety/behavior issues before I worked with her. She also has bladder issues from being over bred. In addition to her special food/allergy treatment, she has had countless surgeries and cost me thousands of dollars in the past 9 months since being rescued. 
(Kasey, Million Dollar Dog)
My oldest daughter was severely allergic to cats and mildly to dogs..and ended up in the ER even. But we got allergy testing/shots so she isn't allergic anymore. 
  (My girls and Kasey)
Somehow in all the times I've moved to another apartment or house..my animals have all come with me, without question. 
I foster tons of animals, spending my own money, time, supplies. They stay with me while they are rehabilitated and then I help find new homes. I often find myself heading to clean litter boxes..then remember I just did it. I pick up doggie doo in my yard daily, and it really smells like crap. 
After all this, I'm not getting rid of my furry family members. But yes, tell me again why you are rehoming your pet?

(Again, YES I know there are real reasons that people rehome their pets. This isn't about those! And yes I know being turned into rescue/shelter is sometimes better than staying with a crappy owner. Just let me rant and be happy ok!) ;)
 If at all possible...keep your pets..FUREVER.  They should not be "disposable" pets..they are furever pets.  We are ALL they have.  Don't abandon them unless you really have NO OTHER OPTIONS AVAILABLE TO YOU!
 
~Stephanie, Kitties & Kritters

No comments:

Post a Comment