Monday, June 24, 2013

The outgoing cat isn't always "the one"!

I've got a cat I rescued from the shelter, who is very shy. He doesn't come out when people visit usually. He is scared of loud noises. He isn't fond of the kids when they are actively playing. He isn't really a lap cat, and doesn't usually seek out affection, though he is always up for a petting session. He spends most of his day sleeping on my bed.  (He is actually getting much more social...after well over a year with us!)
What he DOES do, is sleep with my 3 year old. He knows the routine, and is always sitting on her bed waiting. They snuggle together (she is 32lb..and he is 17lb!), and he's helped her overcome her fear of the dark. Every nap she takes..and every night at bedtime..he is there for her. 
I know people only are drawn to the really outgoing cats-but the shy, more timid cats still have a lot to give! We love our Kenai, and wouldn't trade him for the world. He's a happy..yet very lazy boy. And he is a SUPER HERO to my daughter. ♥
 ~Stephanie, Kitties & Kritters
P.S. Stay open minded when choosing a new pet...the RIGHT pet will CHOOSE YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment